Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
What are the programs in Sinergia Homeschooling and how is the learning system at Sinergia Homeschooling?
- Homeschooling: students study at home with tutors from Sinergia > 4-5 sessions per week (@ 2 hours).
- Independent school: students will study at the Sinergia office (Jakarta or Surabaya Office) > 4-5 sessions per week (@ 2 hours).
- Tuition / Learning Support: students can study at home or in the Sinergia office, with material from students, aiming to help students understand material at school, min. 1 session per week (@ 2 hours).
- IELTS / TOEFL Preparation: preparation for the IELTS / TOEFL test.
- SAT Preparation: preparation for the SAT test for students who wish to continue studying in America.
What is curriculum at Sinergia Homeschooling?
- Internasional Class such as :
- Cambridge Primary Checkpoint.
- Cambridge Secondary Checkpoint.
- AS/A Level.
- National Class such as :
- Kurikulum 2013 which contains Paket A (SD), Paket B (SMP), Paket C (SMA).
What subjects need to be studied?
- Internasional Class such as:
- Grade 1-6 SD & 7-8 SMP, subjects to be taken are Mathematics, English, Science, dan ICT.
- Grade 9-10 (IGCSE’s preparation), subjects to be taken are Mathematics, English, ICT and may choose 2 other subjects. The choice depends on the tutor’s available schedule.
- Common choice of subjects:
Physics Environmental Management Business studies Biology Geography Economics Chemistry Combined Science Accounting
- National Class such as:
Paket A (SD)
Paket B (SMP)
Paket C (SMA)
Matematika Matematika Matematika Matematika IPA IPA Biologi Ekonomi IPS IPS Kimia Sosiologi PKN PKN Fisika Geografi Bahasa Indonesia Bahasa Indonesia Bahasa Indonesia Bahasa Indonesia Bahasa Inggris Bahasa Inggris Bahasa Inggris Bahasa Inggris PKN PKN
Is there a report card?
Yes, there are report cards per semester (6 months) like schools in general
Is there an academic calendar?
There are, there will be a daily quiz / test at the end of the month, mid test in the third month and final test at the end of the semester.
What are the reasons other people choose homeschooling for their children?
- Ability above average >> so want to focus more on learning in accordance with the target.
- One on one or small class (max. 5 students) >> so it is more focused compared to in formal schools, where 1 class is 15-30 students.
- Have an interest in one field >> if the school is full day, do not have time to develop their talents.
- Have another busy life >> artist, model, youtuber, etc.
- Special needs >> autism, ADHD, dyslexia
Is it possible to request private/own study time for students?
Yes it is possible to do it but only for students who take homeschooling and learning support programs.
How long study time for students? Is it same as formal school?
Study time will be 4-5 sessions per week which every session take min 2 hours or max 4 hours.
Any other questions?
if there are other questions, do not hesitate to contact the contact number listed on this web