A / AS Level
Thousands of learners use Cambridge International AS & A Level every year to gain places at leading universities worldwide. Students develop a deep understanding of subjects, as well as independent learning and constructive thinking skills – abilities which universities value highly. Cambridge International A Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year. You have the freedom to offer Cambridge International AS Levels as qualifications in their own right, or as part of a progression to Cambridge International A Level. Your learners can study for Cambridge International AS Level alongside Cambridge International A Level subjects to increase breadth in the curriculum and to build further knowledge and understanding.
Sinergia Homeschooling Cambridge A/AS Level is opened for learners aged 16 to 19 years who need advanced study to prepare for university and higher education. The purpose of this programs is developing individual aptitudes, interests, and challenges of your children with learning at home.
There are many reasons why families support their children to study in homeschooling especially during this stage.
- Dissatisfaction and more expectation leads them to consider homeschooling as It’s more focus
- Family situation and special attribution to the students are also behind the reason why families registered their children to homeschooling institutions.
- Students and families already have to plan the career path upfront and want the teacher and instructor to focus on their child intensively. This is something that formal education might not have.
- Children’s special situation or condition whether It’s related to medical or current professions like modeling, athlete, etc.
Sinergia Homeschooling for the A/AS Level follows certain standards of learning methods. The objective of the A/AS Level is to help students enter university in the country or overseas. It’s the entrance of students to finally face their future careers. In the previous level, they just learned almost everything but here they started to learn their subject which represents their passion. That’s why the learning method of the A/AS level is more mature and career/passion oriented.
Hence, what are the learning methods of Sinergia Homeschooling for the A/AS Level?
- Tutorial at home for homeschooling students
- The tutor visits regularly 3 times a week
- Students, parents, tutors, and academic counselors brainstorm and discuss about the schedules, make a deal about the schedules, subjects, tests, projects, and final examinations.
- Available tests: Quiz, Midtest, Final test
The method can always be customized according to the requirements. Unlike formal education, students, parents, tutors, and academic counselors can discuss schedules and everything related to the learning to meet student’s requirements and objectives.
As you can expect, the subject of the A/AS Level is more varied than the other level in the Cambridge curriculum. Apart from Mathematics, you can have more specific subjects, which are shown below. For science itself, you can learn the four types of it.
- English Language
- English Literature
- Business Studies
What age is Homeschooling for A/AS Level ?
Usually, children and parents agree to enter their child to A/AS Level at around the age of 16 to 19 years old. It’s again the children’s or their parent’s decision. A/AS Level is where students prepare themselves for the equivalent qualifications grade. So, around the age of 16 to 19 years old is the ideal one.
What do they learn in Homeschooling for A/AS Level?
They learn academic subjects more than the other level in homeschooling. Apart from Maths and English, they also need to learn English Literature, Biology, Economics, Accounting, and others. However, the learning objectives are not only to understand those subjects but also problem solving and how to apply the knowledge in the real world. Those subjects can help them to better understand pre-university life and to prepare for their future career. Of course, to support it, they also need to apply their understanding and learning skills which they got from the previous level.
What are the requirements to apply for homeschooling?
In the starting points, you can just come to Sinergia Homeschooling and consult your requirements and needs with our academic counselors. Our team will inform you if there’s any existing program offering that fits you and your children. Or we can always customize your needs. Any further documents, verification, and all the administration matters can be discussed along the way.
- Bagaimana Bimbingan Belajar Siswa di Sistem Pendidikan Homeschooling
- Perbedaan Homeschool Online dengan Belajar di Rumah