Cambridge Secondary 1 is typically for learners aged 11 to 14 years. It builds on the foundations of Cambridge Primary, although it is not essential to have completed that stage before beginning Cambridge Secondary 1. Cambridge Secondary 1 develops learner skills and understanding in English, mathematics, and science for the first three years of secondary education. It provides you with a flexible framework that you can use to develop a curriculum that is tailored to your needs.
Through this stage, students can develop their learning skills including creativity, how to express their thoughts and opinions, as well as how to behave correctly in an educated manner. Cambridge Secondary I allows them to develop their mindset of learning and how to absorb that knowledge into something they might need in the future. So, It’s not just knowledge anymore but they start to learn how and when they might use it for their future. That’s why sometimes students in this stage ask why they need to learn this and that because they start to search for the objectives.
Homeschooling allows them to express themselves more flexibly and develop more creative ways. Sinergia Homeschooling Secondary 1 specially adjusted to assist students between the age of 11 to 14 years old. The purpose of this program is to develop individual aptitudes, interests, and challenges of your children with learning at home.
There are many reasons why families support their children to study in homeschooling especially during this stage.
- Dissatisfaction and more expectation leads them to consider homeschooling as It’s more focus
- Family situation and special attribution to the students are also behind the reason why families registered their children to homeschooling institutions.
- Students and families already have to plan the career path upfront and want the teacher and instructor to focus on their child intensively. This is something that formal education might not have.
- Children’s special situation or condition whether It’s related to medical or current professions like modeling, athlete, etc.
Sinergia Homeschooling for the Secondary I level follows certain standards of learning methods. It builds to develop all the homeschooling objectives in the secondary level which are to develop the skill of learning more flexibly and creatively.
What are the learning methods of Sinergia Homeschooling for the Secondary I Level?
- Tutorial at home for homeschooling students
- The tutor visits regularly 3 times a week
- Students, parents, tutors, and academic counselors brainstorm and discuss about the schedules, make a deal about the schedules, subjects, tests, projects, and final examinations.
- Available tests: Quiz, Midtest, Final test
The method can always be customized according to the requirements. Unlike formal education, students, parents, tutors, and academic counselors can discuss schedules and everything related to the learning to meet with student’s requirements and objectives.
What age is Homeschooling for Secondary I ?
Usually, children and parents agree to enter their child to Secondary I School at around the age of 11 to 14 years old. It’s again the children’s or their parent’s decision. Secondary I is where students learn in their flexible and creative way. So, around the age of 11to 14 years old is the ideal one.
What do they learn in Homeschooling for Secondary I?
They learn academic subjects like Mathematics, English, and Science. However, the learning objectives are not only to understand those subjects but also learning the objective of particular knowledge, how to use it, and where or when they might need it. So, they learn in a more applicable path. They also learn the skill of how to think critically, asking questions, initiatives, etc.
What are the requirements to apply for homeschooling?
In the starting points, you can just come to Sinergia Homeschooling and consult your requirements and needs with our academic counselors. Our team will inform you if there’s any existing program offering that fits you and your children. Or we can always customize your needs. Any further documents, verification, and all the administration matters can be discussed along the way.